Where drilling fluid is being conveyed through flow straightener 200, the material selected for vanes 270 should preferably be made of a corrosion-resistant material. Flow straightener 200 is positioned downstream of suction manifold 110, and is configured to reduce the turbulence of and pressure pulsations propagated by drilling fluid passing therethrough. 8A and 8B (the latter figure showing only a single vane 270 for clarity), direction 390 is angularly offset relative to the flow direction 380. As shown, each vane 270 extends in direction 390, which is angularly offset from flow direction 380 by an angle 395. This arrangement in which vane 270 is positioned so as to deviate at an angle 395 relative to the intended flow direction 380 or a longitudinal axis of conduit segment 205 may be best described as one in which vane 270 is longitudinally skewed relative to the intended flow direction 380 or the longitudinal axis of conduit segment 205. In such embodiments, angle 395 is generally less than 20 degrees, and is preferably within the range 5 to 15 degrees.
7B. In other words, each vane 270 is positioned such that surface 360, having the longest edges 362, is the radially outermost surface and the opposing surface 364, having edges 366 that are shorter than edges 362, is the radially innermost surface. 210. Because vanes 270 are also oriented such that tips 355 of nose portions 330 are within turbulent near-wall region 435 proximate inner surface 250 of segment 205, the more turbulent fluid passing through near-wall region 435 initially contacts vanes 270 over a relatively small area, specifically, tips 355. Contact between the turbulent fluid and vanes 270 then gradually increases as the fluid engages and passes over at least a portion of tapered leading surfaces 340 of vanes 270. Enabling the turbulent fluid to gradually engage vanes 270 in this manner reduces the tendency for initial contact between the turbulent fluid and vane surfaces 340 to create additional turbulence within the fluid.
Dolor Muscular Bayer
3) of flowbore 210 is within the range 1.4 to 1.7. Also, length 350 is preferably at least four times width 345. Width 345 of vanes 270 is selected such that when assembled within segment 205, as shown in FIG. Conduit segment 205 further includes a plurality of throughbores 230, each throughbore 230 extending radially between a generally cylindrical outer surface 235 of segment 205 and flowbore 210. As shown in FIG. Inner portion 240 extends radially outward from an azimuthally, extending inner surface 250 bounding flowbore 210 to outer portion 245, and is configured to receive an insert 265. In this embodiment, inner portion 240 is tapered, such that the diameter of inner portion 240 at surface 250 is greater than the diameter of inner portion at its base 255, which is connected to outer portion 245 of throughbore 230. Outer portion 245 of throughbore 230 extends radially outward from inner portion 240 to outer surface 235. Como dormir para el dolor de espalda . In cross-section, the diameter of outer portion 245 may be uniform, as illustrated, or it may be nonuniform.
- Comer en exceso o comer poco
- Golpe de canto de mano
- Ostra: praliné bañado en chocolate
- Aceite esencial de árbol de té diluido en agua o un aceite portador
- Mantener un peso adecuado
- Releasing the apparatus into a fluid
In this embodiment, nose portion 330 has a linear, leading surface 340, and tail portion 335 that is rectangular in shape. Further, vanes 270 are configured to minimize the disruption to the fluid flow caused by the initial contact of the fluid with vanes 270. Fluid passing from suction manifold 110 into flow straightener 200 initially contacts vanes 270 over leading surfaces 340 of nose portions 330. Due to the taper of nose portions 330, meaning the angular orientation of leading surfaces 340 relative to the fluid flow direction 380, contact between the fluid and vanes 270 gradually increases over the length of leading surfaces 340. Were nose portions 330 not tapered and leading surfaces 340 normal to the fluid flow direction 380, contact between the fluid and vanes 270 would not be a gradual, but a blunt interaction that creates additional turbulence in the fluid. Each vane 270 is not entirely rigid, but may flex and elastically bend to some degree as it resists turbulent fluid flow and provides a fluid-straightening effect.
Dolor Neuropático Periférico
9A and 9B, each vane 270 is retained in pin 260 in a skewed relationship to a plane 405 that is normal to surface 250 such the generally planar side 368 of vane 270 forms an angle 410 with plane 405. This arrangement is one in which vane 270 is retained in conduit segment 205 in a position such that, when viewed from either the upstream or the downstream end, the cross-section of vane 270 taken where it is retained by pin 260 is not radially aligned with plane 405 (meaning does not extend along plane 405), but is at an angle 410 to plane 405. This arrangement may be referred to herein as a condition in which the vane is radially skewed relative to plane 405. Since a plane 405 that is normal to surface 250 contains or is coincident to a radius of conduit segment 205, this arrangement also is described as one in which vane 270 is retained in conduit segment 205 in a position such that, when viewed from either the upstream or the downstream end, the cross-section of vane 270 taken where it is retained by pin 260 is not radially aligned with a radius of conduit segment 205 (meaning does not extend along the radius), but is at an angle 410 to the radius, and may be referred to herein as a condition in which the vane is radially skewed relative to the radius of conduit segment 205. In other embodiments, however, vanes 270 may in fact be oriented, radially speaking, normally to surface 250. In such cases, angle 410 is equal to zero.
Similarly, discharge module 135 includes a valve 150 that is operable to allow or prevent the flow of pressurized fluid from compression chamber 140 into discharge manifold 115. Menstruacion dolor de espalda . Discharge valve 150 also has a closure member or poppet 170 that is urged into sealing engagement with a sealing member or seat 175 by a biasing member 180, such as a spring.
When the suction valve opens, the turbulent drilling mud flows rapidly into the compression chamber. Certain terms are used throughout the following description and the claims to refer to particular features or components. Still more particularly, it relates to a flow straightener that reduces turbulence of drilling fluid passing through a mud pump and that dampens pressure pulsations propagated by the drilling fluid. Increasing width 345 of vanes 270 beyond that which is needed to reduce fluid turbulence, including by extending vanes 270 fully across flowbore 210, for example, would further obstruct fluid flow through system 100 and increase the flow resistance which pump 125 must overcome.
Thus, flowbore 198 enables the flow of fluid from suction manifold 110 to pump assembly 105. During operation of pump 125, elastomeric body 197 flexes, twists, and otherwise deforms in response to movement of pump assembly 105. However, due to the flexible nature of body 197, structural loads to suction manifold 110 due to movement of pump assembly 105 are reduced, in comparison to that which would otherwise be experienced in the absence of a flexible coupling between pump assembly 105 and suction manifold 110. As a result, cyclic deformation of suction manifold 110 due to the reciprocating motion of pump 125 and pressure pulsations resulting therefrom are also reduced. 2, flow straightener 200 includes a conduit segment 205 having a flowbore 210 extending therethrough and generally defined by the conduit segment’s generally cylindrical inner surface 250. Flowbore 210 enables fluid communication between suction manifold 110 (FIG. 7A and 7B, fluid passes from suction manifold 110 (FIG.
Dolor Muscular Antebrazo
3. In some embodiments, base 305 of pin 260 is vulcanized to insert 265. Referring still to FIG. Instead, flexible inserts 265 are simply compressed by the pressure loads within inner portions 240 of throughbores 230, and the pre-selected positions of vanes 270 are maintained. The transferred loads cause cyclic deformation of the suction module. The imparted loads are then transferred through vanes 270 and pins 260 coupled thereto to flexible inserts 265, where the pressure loads are absorbed. Sintomas cancer de pulmon dolor espalda . Accordingly, there is a need for apparatus that reduces turbulence within drilling mud systems and that dampens pressure pulsations caused by the reciprocating motion of mud pumps coupled thereto. The terms “radial” and “radially” generally mean perpendicular to the central or longitudinal axis, while the terms “azimuth” and “azimuthally” generally mean perpendicular to both the central or longitudinal axis and a radial axis normal to the central longitudinal axis. 6) of each vane 270 also extends radially within flowbore 210 in a direction 400 that is generally normal to surface 250 of conduit segment 205. However, direction 400 need not be perfectly normal to surface 250. Rather, in some embodiments, as illustrated by FIGS.
Dolores Musculares Por Ansiedad
In other embodiments, however, nose angle 365 may be greater or less than 45 degrees. Although each vane 270 extends longitudinally in direction 390 generally parallel to the flow direction 380, direction 390 need not be perfectly parallel to the flow direction 380. Rather, in some embodiments, illustrated by FIGS. The conduit segment has an inner surface and an interior volume for conveying the fluid in a predetermined direction of flow. Moreover, pressure pulsations created within and carried by the drilling mud disturb downhole communication devices and instrumentation, and potentially degrade the accuracy of measurements taken by the instrumentation. Also, one of ordinary skill in the art will readily appreciate the applicability of a flow straightener in accordance with the principles disclosed herein within other types of fluid conveyance systems wherein it is desired to reduce fluid turbulence and/or dampen pressure pulsations propagated by a fluid. Reductions in flow turbulence enable increased efficiency of pump 125. Moreover, reductions in pressure pulsations propagated by the drilling fluid decrease disturbances to downhole instrumentation and lessen the likelihood of fatigue damage to downstream piping.
BACKGROUND The disclosure relates generally to apparatus for reducing turbulence in a fluid stream and damping pressure pulsations propagated by the fluid. Thus, if a first device couples to a second device, that connection may be through a direct connection, or through an indirect connection via other devices and connections. Drilling fluid system 100 includes flow straightener 200 which is configured to reduce the turbulence of fluid passing from suction manifold 110. Vanes 270 of flow straightener 200 subdivide turbulent fluid from suction manifold 110 between channels 425 through which the fluid passes. 4, 2009, entitled “Apparatus For Reducing Turbulence In A Fluid Stream”, the disclosure of which is incorporated herein by reference.
Dolor Sordo En El Pecho
FIG. 5 is a perspective view of a vane-supporting pin of the flow straightener of FIG. Turning now to FIG. FIG. Dolor de costillas y espalda . 6 is a perspective view of a vane of the flow straightener of FIG. 250 of segment 205 than it is within core region 440 (FIG. Conduit segment 205 further includes a plurality of axially extending throughbores 215 circumferentially spaced about segment 205 near its perhiphery. Thus, the flow straightener disclosed herein is not limited to the context of a drilling fluid system.