13. Apparatus in accordance with claim 12 including a manifold connected to the outlet of each compressor, the outlet of the manifold being connected to a second compressor means for compressing air to a still higher pressure before being transmitted to said container. 12. Apparatus for generating electricity comprising a housing supported in water having a depth of at least 80 feet, a plurality of floats guided for up and down movement by said housing, means on the housing for converting the up and down movement of the floats into energy capable of being stored in a container, said means including a cam having an undulating cam surface, a plurality of air compressors each having a cam follower, at least some of said compressors being on opposite sides of each cam surface and having their cam followers extending towards each other, the stroke of the compressors corresponding to the throw of the cam surface, at least one container, means for transmitting said energy from said compressors to said containers, and means for generating electricity including a turbine connected to said container for selective use of the energy stored in said container.
- Retirar la inmovilización únicamente para el aseo y los ejercicios
- Cepillado regular de los dientes
- Artritis reumatoide
- Practicar ejercicios de estabilidad o equilibrio
- Columna vertebral en infantes
- Elevar los pies sin dejar caer la pelota y cogerla con las manos
1A and 1B apparatus for generating electricity in accordance with the present invention designated generally as 10. The apparatus 10 includes a building 12 supported in deep water having a depth of at least feet by means of pillars 14. The pillars 14 are provided with a foundation 16. Transverse holes 18 are provided in the pillars so as to offer minimum resistance to waves.
Dolor De Garganta
FIG. 1B is a vertical sectional view of the right-hand end of the apparatus in accordance with the present invention. FIG. 6 is a partial perspective view of another compressor responsive to vertical movement of a float in accordance with the present invention. The circumference of gear 38 is chosen so that the cam 42 makes one complete revolution on the upstroke and one complete revolution on the downstroke on the float 30. An average wave has a height of feet, therefore the circumference of gear 38 is 5 feet. Since the stored energy is in the form of compressed air, there is very little hazard of explosion and there is the added advantage of flexibility. The present invention utilizes wave motion to generate power in a mode capable of being stored indefinitely.
It is another object of the present invention to provide a flexible manner for generating electricity which utilizes energy in a form capable of being stored indefinitely. Dolor de hombro derecho significado emocional . 1. A method of generating electricity comprising the steps of converting wave motion of deep water into energy which can be stored, said converting steps including operating a plurality of compressors directly by an undulating surface on a cam, moving a plurality of said cams in response to movement of a plurality of floats in and up and down direction by waves in said water, collecting the energy output from a plurality of the compressors and storing said collected energy output in a container, and using energy stored in said container to drive an electrical generator. The periphery of cam 1 18 is provided with an undulating surface. 16. Apparatus in accordance with claim 12 wherein said cam surface has a plurality of undulations each directl cou l d to air com ressor for Q eratin a power stoke bf the air compressor a plurahiy of miles per movement of each float.
The pillars 14 are interconnected with one another by struts 20 disposed below the water level.
In each embodiment, there is a compounding of the air pressure. Access means 75 are also provided on top of each tank for internal inspection, cleaning and repair. Ribs 108 extend radially outwardly from the periphery’of the stem means 32′ and circumferentially disposed points thereon. The pillars 14 are interconnected with one another by struts 20 disposed below the water level. In FIG. 6, there is illustrated a third embodiment of the present invention identical with the embodiment in FIGS.
Assume that there are only thirty compressors of the type shown in FIGS. Cam 142 has only five lobes while cam 42 has six lobes. Accordingly, only one compressor unit 36 will be described in detail. The floats described above, by way of example, have a diameter of 40 feet, a height of 8 feet, a weight of 100 tons and have a stem which is 12 feet in diameter. In the first embodiment of the present invention described above, it will be noted that the air compressors 44 are positioned so as to be on diametrically opposite sides of the periphery of the cam 42. In a second embodiment of the present invention illustrated in FIGS. Per day, 47 million cubic feet of air will be compressed. We have found that this will occur in depths of approximately 80 feet or more. A IOO-ton float will provide 580 horsepower when moved up and down a total linear distance of 8 feet at 5 second intervals.
Tipos De Dolor De Espalda
Cam 42 will rotate through a complete cycle on the upstroke as well as on the downstroke of the float 30. Hence, each time each of the floats moves up and down, 288 compressor strokes will be attained at each of the compressor units 36 operatively coupled to each stem means 32. Compressor units 136 are preferred over units 36 since the former will be at least three times more efficient even though both units have the same overall size. Dolor lumbar constante . 4. A method in accordance with claim 1 wherein said converting step includes using a plurality of floats, using the up and down movement of each float to drive a plurality of air compressors to compress air at a first pressure, and using other floats to further compress said compressed air from said first pressure to a higher pressure, and said step of storing said energy including storing compressed air at said higher pressure.
Each time the cam 42 rotates through one complete cycle, 144 piston strokes will be attained for compressing air. 2. A method in accordance with claim 1 wherein said step of converting wave motion into energy includes the step of compressing air, and said step of storing the energy includes storing the compressed air, and said step of using the energy including using the compress air to drive a turbine-generator. Also, electricity may be generated regardless of the state of the sea or ocean; that is, the compressing of air by wave motion may be terminated for short periods of time such as during hurricanes without interfering with the steady generation of electricity by the turbine-generators. In order to compress air for storage, there are provided a plurality of vertically reciprocable floats, each of which is preferably coupled to a plurality of air compressors.
Fisioterapia A Domicilio
A condensate drainage means 76 communicates with the bottom of each of the tanks 70-74 for removing any accumulated moisture. A pressure regulator 68 is provided in conduit 64 to assure that the pressure introduced into the storage tanks is at a pressure above a predetermined minimum. Thereafter, the compressed air at the second higher pressure is transmitted by way of conduit 64 to a plurality of large storage tanks 70, 72, 74, etc.
3. A method in accordance with claim 1 wherein said step of storing said energy in the container includes using underground storage containers of great capacity. Que provoca el dolor de espalda . It is another object of the present invention to provide apparatus and method for generating electricity which is flexible so that electricity can be generated as a function of demand. 6. A method in accordance with claim 1 wherein said converting step includes operating each compressor with a plurality of power strokes per revolution of the cam. Referring to FIG. 3, it will be noted that the operative portion of the stem means 32 on each of the floats 30 is provided with a rack meshed with a gear 38 on shaft 40. A cam 42 is secured to shaft 40 and rotates therewith. Banks of longitudinally and transversely extending floats 30 are supported by the housing 12. See FIGS.
Referring to the drawing in detail, wherein like numerals indicate like elements, there is shown in FIGS. 11. Apparatus in accordance with claim 5 wherein said floats have an upright stem means, said cam being supported for rotation about the longitudinal axis of said stem means. 15. Apparatus in accordance with claim 12 including a reservoir on said housing above said floats, and a downwardly sloping conduit extending from said reservoir. Other objects will appear hereinafter For the purpose of illustrating the invention, there is shown in the drawings a form which is presently preferred; it being understood, however, that this invention is not limited to the precise arrangements and instrumentalities shown.
1-3 except as will be made clear hereinafter. The second embodiment of the present invention is identical with that described above except for the cam and its relationship to the compressor units and stem means on the float. The floats are guided for vertical reciprocation and located at a platform which is sufficiently far out in the sea or ocean so that the water depth produces sufficient and unimpaired wave-conditions conducive to power generation. 3, it will be noted that 24 compressors 44 are provided. FIG. 7 is a vertical sectional view of another compressor similar to that shown in FIG.